How to Find God
You want to get close to God, but where do you start? How do you find God when you can’t see Him?
Searching for God isn’t a lost cause. He made you and wants to be near His beloved creation.
In fact, He speaks to us about that through His words, found in the Bible. It’s there that God says, “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13).
God can be found and wants to be found by you. That desire to know Him is something He put within you because He longs to have a real, one-on-one relationship with you.
God isn’t hiding somewhere far away, ignoring you or hoping you won’t bother Him. Instead, He did something incredible. God sent His only Son Jesus Christ to earth. Jesus was God in human flesh and came to the human race so that we could know Him personally. Thousands of people saw Him, touched Him and heard Him speak—all which was recorded in the Bible so that we, too, have eyewitness accounts of Christ.
The Bible speaks clearly of God’s love for us and His plan to save us. Here are the simple steps to find God and be “born again.”
- Be certain of your need for God. If you think you can handle life on your own, then you’ll probably never find God. You must recognize your own sinfulness and your inability to solve it.
- Understand the cross. God sent His only Son to earth to die on a cross for you and your sins. This is the solution we can’t provide for ourselves.
- Count the cost. The Christian life isn’t easy and there are things to do for those who follow Jesus, but it’s worth it many times over and God promises to be with you.
- Accept Jesus publicly. The Bible says, “So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32-32).
- Let God change your life. This step represents the beginning. Your new life starts the moment you receive Jesus. He will work through you as you remain faithful, pray, read your Bible, attend church, and tell others about what He has done for you.
You don’t have to search for God any longer. Invite Him into your life today.
Step 1 – God loves you and has a plan for you!
Step 2 – People are sinful and separated from God.
Step 3 – God sent His Son to die for your sins!
Step 4 – Would you like to receive God’s forgiveness?
"Dear God, I know I’m a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He died for my sin and that you raised Him to life. I want to trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord, from this day forward. Guide my life and help me to do your will. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen."
Did you pray this prayer?